Thursday, May 1, 2014

Making Time for Me

As you can see from my Why I Blog post, lately there are three things that keep me from losing my mind: improv class, running, and meditation. I need a daily dose of at least one of these or I would rip off my head and punt it into the aether.

Unfortunately for me and my nearest and dearest, I'm swamped much more than normal at work and have put these on the back burner – even my 10 minute meditation habit, which is stupid because I know I can spare 10 minutes and it would make me more productive. I skipped improv class last night, I didn't have time for a run in the afternoon, and I decided Benadryl would cancel out the need for meditation (it didn't, but I feel better allergy-wise, so I'll chalk it up to a tie).

Today though I am determined to turn this story around. I will meditate, even if it's for 5 minutes. I will go to yoga and tomorrow I will run the miles I wanted to run today. And I will cook instead of eating frozen dinners. I like working hard but it's necessary to make time for self-maintenance also.

No comments:

Post a Comment